Terms & Conditions
In addition to our general Terms and Conditions available on our website and below, please read the following-
Arena Temporary Ice rinks – COVID-19 SecureTerms and Conditions
Our commitment to you
We are committed to the following steps to mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19 at our temporary ice rink attractions:
ü To conduct COVID-19 Risk Assessments and share results with rink teams.
ü To implement a robust cleaning and sanitization system across sites, in line with or exceeding, government guidelines.
ü All staff will be temperature checked on arrival.
ü To increase ice rink space per skater by a third – reducing the number of skaters on the rinks.
ü To stagger session times as evenly and safely as possible.
ü To provide contactless interaction where possible (payments, ticket scanning etc.).
ü To take all reasonable steps to maintain social distancing.
ü Where social distancing is not possible, to implement measures to reduce risk of transmission.
How you can help protect yourself and others
Please ensure when booking tickets (particularly for groups) that your booking adheres to all current Government guidelines regarding 'How to meet others safely' Click here to link to Gov.UK.
Do not attend your skating session if you, or any of your group, are showing signs of any of the known COVID-19 symptoms: A high temperature, a new persistent cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to reschedule your ticket.
· Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your session and move promptly through skate exchange.
· The café / bar (where provided) is open but strict capacity limits will be followed. Please follow all current government guidelines regarding meeting others outside of your household.
· Always wear a face mask / covering (unless exempt from doing so) whilst inside at the ice rink and as much as possible whilst skating.
· Use the hand sanitizer available and avoid touching any surfaces you don’t need to.
· Always maintain social distancing – follow the signage at the rink and any instructions from marshalls.
· If queuing at any point, please keep in your group, facing forward, and maintain a safe distance from others outside of your group.
· Use contactless payment methods – cash will not be accepted at the rink or at any of the associated attractions.
· Pre-book tickets online https://arenagroup.digitickets.co.uk/branches
· Ensure any children with you are also following the guidelines.
· Follow all instructions from marshalls and listen and follow any tannoy announcements.
Changes at the rink
· We have changed some processes and systems at the rink to protect our customers, visitors and staff. Please bear with us in these extraordinary times. We have made changes that may affect your skating session but are necessary to ensure we are Covid-safe for all.
· To reduce the number of people in the skate exchange and allow for social distancing, we have introduced staggered session start times for some sessions.
Staggering sessions gives us less opportunity to maintain the ice as there are skaters on the rink most of the day. If it becomes necessary to clear the ice in order to maintain it, we will ask you to leave the rink or delay your entry on to it. This may be within your 45 minutes skating session.
· To manage the flow of skaters off and on the ice safely and maintain the maximum number of skaters on the ice, it may occasionally be necessary to reduce your skating session. We will aim to keep this to a minimum.
1. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the ice rink, and any area surrounding the ice rink and/or the venue and shall be entitled to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all visitors.
2. The Promoter shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venue, or any attraction, at any time, who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance. The Promoter shall be entitled to request visitors to leave the venue at any time.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to close the rink and /or the area surrounding the rink, or any part of the venue at short notice and without prior warning if necessary and the Promoter’s decision is final.
COVID-19 changes (due to staggered sessions) - In order to ensure continuing ice quality and safety, it may be necessary to curtail sessions- this will be avoided as much as possible, but the Promoter reserves the right to ask ice skaters to leave the rink. No refund, either in whole or in part, will be given.
4. Smoking (including use of e-cigarettes), eating, drinking and the use of photographic and recording equipment or mobile phones is prohibited whilst ice skating or on any ride/game. This is to maintain a safe environment for users of the rink. Smoking (including use of e-cigarettes), is not permitted anywhere within the venue, on the rink or in any area surrounding the rink. Only food and drink which has been purchased from the venue can be consumed within the designated café / bar area.
5. By entering the site, visitors consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded and consent to such photographs, films or recordings being used by the Promoter to publicise the event in the future.
6. Wheelchair access – The ice rink does cater for wheelchair users, providing they are accompanied by a carer. The promoter does not provide a carer, nor has the staffing capacity to provide a carer.
7. Carer’s tickets are available and may be booked online or at the box office – entitlement to the carer’s ticket must be proved at the box office, prior to the session start time. The Promoter reserves the right to charge full price entry if no such entitlement can be proved.
8. The ticket holder has a right only to a session of the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket.
9. Tickets cannot, under any circumstances, be cancelled, resold or refunded. To do so, or to alter or deface any ticket, will render it void. It is the patron's responsibility to check his or her tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified. The promoter will not be responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
10. All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue, and licensing laws.
11. Admission to the ice rink is by ticket only. All ice skaters must have a ticket. All tickets are issued subject to rules and regulations of the venue.
12. Each ice-skating session is up to 45mins long.
Covid -19 changes (due to staggered sessions) - In order to ensure continuing ice quality, it may be necessary to curtail sessions- this will be avoided as much as possible, but the Promoter reserves the right to ask ice skaters to leave the rink. No refund, either in whole or in part, will be given.
13. Online and telephone bookings are subject to a £1.20 booking fee per ticket.
14. Each visitor is responsible for attending their session 15 minutes before the session time starts. The Promoter is not liable if the visitor turns up late for any reason and misses their session. The Promoter is not obliged to refund the ticket or reallocate a new session time.
15. Children’s Skate aids may be booked online or, subject to availability, at the rink prior to your ice-skating session. They are available on a first come, first served basis. Skate aids may be a penguin or a dolphin and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. You may not get a choice of the type of skate aid you receive.
16. Skate aids are available in limited numbers. The Promoter is under no obligation, and is unable, to provide a skate aid for all children. Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult on the ice at all times. Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult at the rink.
REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING
17. In the event any session is cancelled or curtailed, ticket holders will be offered alternative sessions (subject to availability) if less than 30 minutes of ice-skating time has taken place during that session.
18. The ice rink will operate in almost all-weather conditions. This is an outdoor event and no refunds or exchanges will be given due to inclement weather.
19. If you have been removed from the ice rink or venue for inappropriate behaviour, you will not be offered a refund or an alternative session.
20. All customers that ice skate or enter any part of the venue do so at their own risk.
21. Participating in ice skating carries an inherent risk. Any participation is totally at the user’s own risk. Anyone with any medical conditions, serious previous injuries, recently broken bones, knee or joint problems, head injuries, pregnancy, mobility problems, or taking prescribed drugs, should carefully consider whether it is safe for them to participate without endangering themselves or other participants whilst ice skating. The Promoter shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage however caused, except for personal injury caused by negligence on behalf of the promoter.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, loss or theft of any personal property that occurs whilst ticketholders are enjoying the Event on any part of the site.
23. Lockers and cloakrooms are used entirely at your own risk. The Promoter does not accept any liability for loss, theft or damage except if caused by intent or gross negligence of the company or its employees.
In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by any ticket agency, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
Hampton Court Palace Café and Bar Terms and Conditions
The café / bar is operated by Miss Polly, on behalf of Arena and Hampton Court Palace Ice Rink.
All table reservations are for 1 hour. If the table is not reserved for the next session, you may be able to remain, at the discretion of the café / bar staff.
Please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes before your start time to adhere to best practice Covid-19 measures.
All table reservations will be held for 15 minutes after the start time. After this time, if you do not arrive your table may be re-sold and you will not be entitled to a refund, either partial or in full, either for your table reservation fee or for any pre-ordered food. It is your responsibility to arrive on time.
All table reservations and food pre-orders are final and non-refundable.
The cost of your table reservation fee will be deducted from your food and beverage bill at the café / bar unless it has already been credited to your pre-ordered food ticket.
The following pre-ordered food items have already been reduced by the table reservation fee: all pre-ordered platters, Family Dine and Après-Skate and Dine. Your food and drinks bill at the café will not therefore be reduced by your table reservation fee if any of these items have been pre-ordered.
The café/ bar takes card payments only – no cash will be accepted.
On arrival you will be seated by the café staff. You will not be permitted to move tables, readjust the layout of any tables and/or mix with any tables near to you, as per the Covid-19 safety regulations.
You should ensure staff are aware of any allergies / food intolerances or special requirements when you are seated.
There will be a takeaway station where you are able to purchase items suitable for takeaway. Once these items have been ordered and collected these must be taken off the premises to be consumed.
It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure all current Covid-19 laws and regulations are upheld and adhered to. Our staff are required, by law, to enforce the rules.
If you repeatedly break any of the Covid rules and regulations, in the opinion of the café / bar staff, you may be asked to leave the venue. No refunds, either full or partial, will be given.
Any misconduct or abuse towards the café / bar or rink staff will result in removal from the rink. No refunds, either full or partial, will be given in these circumstances.
Please also refer to the Terms and Conditions relating to the rink.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.